7.16.2011

Shouting On a Crowded Train

Wow, has it really been 3 weeks since I posted? I don't have time for a full post but here's a little something.


Vignette from the train ride this morning:

Me: [la la la I have my earbuds in I am minding my own business and getting on the Q]
Woman: "I LIKE YOUR RING!!"
Me: [look down. confused. only wearing my silver claddagh ring, not fancy] "Oh, thanks."
Woman: "WHO GAVE IT TO YOU?"
Me: [legit question, I'm wearing it on my left ring finger] "My dad."
Woman: "Oh so it's your dad's ring?"
Me: [is this seinfeld? do i have man hands?] "No, I asked for it for Christmas, and my dad gave it to me."
Woman: "IS HE DEAD?"
Me: [well this just took an odd turn. easiest explanation is...] "Yes."
Woman: "OH, DID HE GET SICK?"
Me: [seriously?] "Well, I mean, he left."
Woman: "WHEN DID HE DIE?"
Me: [ok say whaaaa] "I'm sorry, I really don't want to talk about it. Have a nice day." [earbuds back in]

I mean come onnnnnnnn. Who keeps pestering someone after they say their father is dead?? Just when I thought I might have seen everything.

No comments: