1.13.2013

Relaunch


Relaunch

So, I seem to have abandoned this blog for long enough that no one will read a new post! I think I was so overwhelmed by how low I was sinking with regards to my job and living situation that I finally burned out - something had to go, and it was my blog.

Flash-forward 12 months and I am happier than I could ever hope to be. I was fired from the worst job of my life, busted my ass and did a couple possibly-illegal things until I landed a part-time, temporary job that has turned into a career-relaunching, permanent, full-time job. I have been at the job for just shy of 10 months now and I still occasionally get misty-eyed (at work!) over how much I love it there. I am, surprisingly, in finance as a corporate conference planner - exactly the work I wanted to do in an industry that I had always gone to lengths to avoid. Go figure. The people are amazing, the work is challenging, and there has not been one day that I woke up and wished I hadn't (except for hangover mornings! oops).

I have also moved to Astoria - little surprise there - to bring down my rent costs, be closer to my friends, and (luckily) live with someone I enjoy spending time with. I wasn't necessarily looking for a best friend when I went apartment-hunting, but D and I got along so well even in our first meeting that I turned down a larger apartment with a hot British musician for a roommate. This is clearly saying something.

Love life (or lack thereof) is the one part of my life that hasn't really changed, but I had a revelation in a cab the other day that this was going to be the year I fell in love again. Don't know why, but I have never had this kind of revelation before and I am optimistic. I am putting a sign of faith, so to speak, out to the universe and am NOT going to hook up with The One when he is in town this weekend. 2013 is going to be my year.

I don't know how often I'll blog, but I wanted to put something positive up after what was such a difficult 2 years. I've opened a new chapter and I wanted to share it with... all 2 of you. ;)

No comments: