6.23.2011

Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

So, the DRAMA from the last post seems to have died down. Said party I was antici-dreading turned out to be really fun after all; DM seemed normal and friendly and like nothing had ever happened. Of course, part of that was probably because I was doing my darndest to interact very infrequently with cute guy. But even after he and I wandered off for a smoke break (DO NOT FRET, by this I mean only that he smoked a tipsy-cig while I ... watched? and we talked, during which he told me a few of the reasons why he liked me) for 15 minutes or something, we were still joking around and hanging out. This is also probably because all parties concerned knew that her "primary boyfriend" or whatever was out of town that weekend so she had cute guy all to herself, and she (correctly/safely) assumed that I wasn't even going to TRY to get tail that night.


So! Now things seem very nice and normal again, and I saw them all again last night. She was feeling ill but very friendly still, even when he and I got into a particularly involved conversation about Futurama/food/etc. Then as I was leaving and hugged him goodbye, I could tell he was trying to get my attention again as I was saying goodbye to everyone else, but I had to leave (y'know, having a job and all, cramping styles, etc) and he didn't follow me out, so I got all the way to the subway platform when I noticed I had missed a call from him. Called him back and he asked me why I had left so early (uhhhhh 11pm?) and that he was going to invite me over.

Canary, the cat is here and it's dinnertime. Add to that the fact that The Sexter has begun sexting again after a 4-month-ish hiatus, and I am feeling rather smug about my boy situation. The One is always there at the back of my mind, but I feel like I'm on some sort of vacation from grown-up responsibilities this summer... between religion and love and other Important Things, I've shoved it all to the side somehow (to my chagrin, a bit) and am just doing what's easy and fun. Not a great long-term philosophy, but I've been responsible and disciplined my whole life and I'm a little bit over it right now.

Party down!

No comments: